Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles: Bound by Honor

Bound by honor
By Cora Reilly

Synopsis:
This book takes place in the loveless world of the mafia.
Aria Scuderi  is 15 when she gets engaged to  Luca – The Vice – Vitiello he is 5 years older than her.
He is know as The Vice for crushing a mans throat with his bare hands... The first time this made man killed was the age of eleven and saw a man get tortured the same night.
They get married the moment Aria turns 18, the only possible way for Aria to escape the marriage is to run away, but she doesn't have the guts to leave every thing she knows... which is good for us cause we get a beautiful love story.

They get married maybe not a totally happy marriage... since he becomes a cheating mother fucking scum back asshole.


And of course she finds out.
And after that their marriage goes better since he promised not to cheat... which sadly is the best Aria can get.

They slowly falls in love, it becomes a hard but beautiful love, Aria has to fight her way into his cold heart while having to accept some of the things he has to do as Capo for the Famillia. 

But Lucas father gets killed and they have to be apart to protect Aria and so Luca can fight for his title as Capo. 

Unluckily the Russian Mafia attacks the place where Aria and her family were hiding.   
Aria gets shot and Luca for the first time shows weakness by wanting er to take her to the hospital insted of the familia doctor.


“Being born into our world means being born with blood on your hands. With every breath we take sin is engraved deeper into our skin.” 
“You don’t have a choice. There’s no way to escape our world. You didn’t have a choice in marrying me either. If you’d let that bullet kill me, you would have at least escaped our marriage.” 
“There are few good things in our world, Luca, and if you find one you cling to it with all your might. You are one of those good things in my life.” 
“I’m not good,” Luca said almost desperately. 
“You’re not a good man, no. But you are good for me. I feel safe in your arms. I don’t know why, don’t even know why I love you, but I do, and that won’t change.”
Luca closed his eyes, looking almost resigned. “Love is a risk in our world, and a weakness a Capo can’t afford.”
“I know,” I said even as my throat corded up. 
Luca’s eyes shot open, fierce and blazing with emotion. “But I don’t care because loving you is the only pure thing in my life.”
Tears brimmed in my eyes. “You love me?” 
“Yes, even if I shouldn’t. If my enemies knew how much you meant to me, they’d do anything to get their hands on you, to hurt me through you, to control me by threatening
you. The Bratva will try again, and others will too. When I became a made man, I swore to put the Familia first, and I reinforced that same oath when I became a Capo dei Capi even though I knew I was lying. My first choice should always be the Familia.”  
I held my breath, unable to utter a word. The look he gave me almost broke me into pieces. “But you are my first choice, Aria. I’ll burn down the world if I have to. I’ll kill and maim and blackmail. I’ll do anything for you. Maybe love is a risk, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take and as you said, it’s not a choice. I never thought I would, never thought I could love someone like that but I fell in love with you. I fought it. It’s the first battle I didn’t mind losing.”



Stars: 4 stars
I hate the first 5 chapters, never read them.
And every one pisses me off at times... like often, especially Luca, but Aria could piss me and be a little too naive.

What can you use this book for: 
There is always a possibility for love, even in the worst situations, if you simply try hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment